Authorized economic operators in Ukraine
In its first reading, the Verkhovna Rada adopted the Bill No. 1048, which will introduce the Institute of Authorized Economic Operators (AEO) in Ukraine.
AEO aims to improve customs and improve business efficiency.
What it is?
AEO is the enterprise which receives a special certificate of safety and reliability for the purpose of simplification of customs procedures.
AEO status can be obtained by any company related to international shipments, such as manufacturer, importer, exporter, freight forwarder, carrier, customs warehouse owner, customs representative, etc.
What are the benefits to the company?
To get AEO certificate means to get the highest degree of confidence from the customs, and therefore – a number of privileges and simplifications of customs formalities, in particular:
1) Speed up procedures
- simplified declaration procedure;
- reduction of border delays;
2) Improved service and savings
- the use of a specially designated lane at a border crossing point for moving commercial vehicles;
- possibility of receipt of goods directly to the warehouse of the company;
- the ability to self-seal special type;
- reducing the cost of customs terminal services.
3) Transparency and security
- transparent and clear customs clearance procedures;
- improving security and improving communication between supply chain partners.
4) Competitiveness in the Ukrainian and EU markets